Sunday, September 14, 2008

W. S. Neal Football vs Andalusia


There's really not much to say about this one other than the sandwich I got at Blimpie before the game was pretty good. Oh, well back to the game, it was pretty badly played by both teams, a little more so by Neal. I'm not a coach, so I'll leave the analysis and fixing to the ones who get paid to do those things. I'm sure they'll find the proper solutions.


I just shoot the pictures, which brings me around to another problem from Friday night. The stadium lights in Andalusia were like shooting under a back porch light. That's not to insult my good friends in Andalusia, it's just that the stadium lights at W. S. Neal and T. R. Miller are of such exceptional quality, it just spoils a photographer. Shooting with flash, as I was forced to do for this game, results in somewhat blurred images because of the slower shutter speeds required for flash. There are several new cameras on the market that allow fast shutter speeds with flash, but I still hate the unnatural look of flash.


If you look at the images from the Atmore preseason game and the Monroe County game, both played at Neal, you can see the difference in quality when shot under good stadium lights. I was tempted at one point to go into the WEBJ broadcast booth and shoot down at the field, which can sometimes help with bad lighting. It's probably better that I stayed on the field, rather than taste the rockstar lifestyle Dennis, Terry, and LaDon suffer under each week. Catered food and plush accommodations would just spoil me to the point of wanting to be up there every week. Besides, as far as the food goes, I had already been served a gourmet meal at the local Blimpie.
These and other sports images may be viewed and purchased by going to http://www.perrywatsonphotography.com/, click Information, then click Sports Photo Purchases.

No comments: